Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Hi Everyone!



My last day at Oddies, where did the time go? I can not believe that I will be returning to America at the end of the week. I am going to miss my time spent surrounded by Oddie characters and colourful stories. It is not everyday that one gets such an experience.



I must thank Kate Bright for the opportunities I was given while at Oddies. She entrusted me with numerous tasks and let me make decisions on my own. I never felt as if I were only "interning" but rather holding a prominent position in the company.



I also want to thank Barbara, the other intern, who I have been closely working with for my almost 4 weeks here. In fact, Barbara will take over the blog when I return to the states. Look out for an interview featuring... Me! Luckily, no photo shoots were involved.



This post is beginning to sound like an award-show acceptance speech!
"And last but not least, I would like to thank..."



Although I miss my bed, my family, and my friends (Did I mention my bed?), I am really going to miss London. I loved the nightlife, the restaurants, the tube, and all of my friends that I made while overseas. Oh, and what am I going to do without Pizza Express and Harrods?! I guess I should bring some tissues with me to the airport... it could get a little teary in the terminal :(



Since this is my last Oddie post, I thought I would tell you about my favourite things while interning at Oddies...



1. I know this is a given but... the hot chocolate, sandwiches, and ice cream from the Boulangerie Patisserie. I come all the way to London and my favourite lunch place is French. What are the "odds"?!

2. The 2 Starbucks that are close to the Oddie headquarters. I felt like a real working woman with my (iced) coffee in hand in the mornings.

3. The shoe store, Bullfrogs, that is directly across from the Clapham Common tube stop.
Yes- I managed to find a "favourite" store for this list... then again, it is me who is making the list. Of course, I found my favourite local store!

4. Sending out all the orders to dedicated Oddie fans. I loved familiarizing myself with the post codes and addresses. 3 weeks later and I can finally spell some of the town names... G-L-O-U-C-E-S-T-E-R-S-H-I-R-E... (just kidding, I peeked to spell that one)

5.My lunch breaks with Barbara. We would discuss all of the Oddie going-ons as well as our exciting London lives.

6. The Oddie office. What am I going to do without being able to gaze up to Oddie characters?! I guess this is a hint, "Barbara, would you please pass me a poster to bring home with me"?

7.ODDIES, ODDIES, ODDIES, AND MORE ODDIES...

8.And finally, this blog and its many readers!



I hope you have all enjoyed reading my posts because I have certainly enjoyed writing them. It is a pretty cool feeling to be able to Google your name and have your very own blog-posts to pop up. It is as if I am famous... well, that could be pushing it.



I plan on staying in contact with Oddies and hopefully I can continue to help with getting Oddies to America.



Speaking of America... See you on Friday!



Anyway, thanks for following my time in London, and more specifically, my internship at Oddies. I loved sharing it with all of you!



Blog you later,




Arielle

No comments: