Friday, July 13, 2007

Hi Everyone!


Back by popular demand... I hear that this blog is quite the "hit" back in the states. Since many of you are from America that have been reading my posts, how about you check out the Oddies site at www.oddieworld.com.


Here, you can find Oddie books and socks as well as some online fun. I would love to send out orders to familiar addresses! You wouldn't believe how confusing it is to write out a British address. The postcodes are quite different!


Although today is a Friday and the weekend is right ahead of me, there is a lot of work to be done. We have already had a few New York schools sign up for
Read With Me Week, which is very encouraging. However, hundreds and hundreds more emails must be sent out (especially if we want all of the US to be introduced to Oddies)! With all the resources provided for free, I can't see why American schools wouldn't want to participate in such a fun week. And, the Oddies are just SO adorable.

Another Oddie story that I really enjoy is Footy Oddie. In this edition, Sock Fairy needs help from Footy Oddie in order to stop Witchy. Witchy is sending all the rain clouds from Bad Oddie Island to Good Oddie Island and it just
won't stop raining. After all this rainy London weather, I really can understand why Sock Fairy wants the sun to come out!!!




A fun fact about this Oddie story is that Footy Oddie is a "footballer". However, for us Americans, he plays soccer. If you check out the picture above you will see that he has a black and white ball rather than a brown and white one. It is funny how there are still so many differences in context despite the same spoken language! Then again, I don't play football or soccer.. so I think that I will be just fine!

Before I forget, today is a very big day at the Oddie headquarters. Sabrina, the intern who posted before me, came back for a visit! She just couldn't get enough Oddies to only say goodbye once. And... there will be a photo shoot at 4:00 pm in the Oddie Offices. Yes, I said photo shoot! A representative from IEI, the intern program that I am on, will be making her way over to Clapham Common to take pictures of me at work. Kate Bright and I both had the same thoughts in mind when we got dressed this morning... we must look nice! Luckily, we even coordinate. Great "Oddie" minds think alike!


Maybe, just maybe, I will upload pictures onto the blog for Monday. That is, only, if today is a photogenic day... easier said than done!

I hope that everyone enjoys their weekend and that good weather comes my way! I could use a little tan...


Blog you later,

Arielle

No comments: