Monday, July 16, 2007

Hi Everyone!




Hope that all my blog followers had a good weekend. I certainly did. These past couple days have really made me feel like a tourist with all the sights that I saw. I was even fortunate enough to experience high-tea: Harrod's style! What a treat! It is a tough call to decide what my favorite finger food was... a scone with strawberry jam, a miniature chocolate tart, or tea sandwiches (smoked salmon!). Well, now that I made you all hungry...



Besides Harrods, I went to the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace and I visited the Tower of London. The crown jewels really put all other gems to shame! They are breathtaking. But what is even more of a sight to see are the guards who look as if they aren't even breathing! However, my friend managed to get a guard to smile. Believe it or not, a smile is huge!!



And then, to top off my weekend, I saw the Harry Potter movie. It was a really cool experience to see the movie in the country that it takes place in. When the characters were in the tube station, we all had a little yell... "We've been there!"



Oh! I also happened to run into Orlando Bloom. What a surprise! As my friends and I were leaving dinner, he was leaving the play that he currently stars in. You can never complain about bumping into a major British celebrity... especially a good-looking one!



But enough about my going-ons, let me tell you a little bit about Oddie World. The office is quiet now that it is only Barbara, Kate Bright, and I that are working. All the other interns have finished their time here. This week will be one full of anticipation as we are awaiting the response of hundreds of schools to Read With Me Week. I am also going to be sending out emails/ press packages to various Book Reviewers all over the United States. Hopefully, they will have positive things to say about these creative books!



I was very excited to see this morning that my mom had placed an order for oddies. I hope that others are encouraged to do so as well. And.. for all those adults that want Oddie socks, we have them! Such a fashion statement!



Imagine yourself reading the Oddie stories in adorable Oddie socks...




Blog you later,




Arielle

No comments: