Thursday, March 01, 2007




Happy World Book Day!! Also, Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus! (Happy Saint David's Day!) for any Welsh Oddies fans!

I actually went to university in Aberystwyth (that's in Wales!! - don't make that face, you'd be surprised how many people don't know!) so am a little bit Welsh (in spirit at least) myself!

How will I be celebrating the convergence of these two monumental occasions? Well, I'll read of course - I'd read in Welsh if I could, but my expertise extends only to inane pleasantries, road signs and greeting cards - I'm a big fan of Welsh cards, you couldn't walk into Clinton's and find a Happy St Georges Day card - although they do a nice line in 'Happy Birthday from next doors Guinea Pig' stylee greetings. I guess the English just aren't as proud of being English as the Welsh are at being Welsh, which is a bit of a shame.....Tangent, I apologise.

So....reading, that's what I'll be doing (possibly while sporting a daffodil or chewing on a leek) and that's what you should do to!! (Leek optional!). Find the time to pick up a book and have a read! Read to yourself and read with your kids!!

Check out www.worldbookday.com to find out more about the event - stuck for book ideas?? You can't go wrong with an Oddie!! - www.oddieworld.com

Have Fun!!

Dan.

No comments: